2.12.2007

And let the lurve continue....

Huge thanks to all you lurky-lurkers who delurky-lurked, I felt quite warm and fuzzy all weekend. Even when I was prancing around like a demented and sad white woman windmill at hip-hop aerobics with Elizabeth on Saturday morning. In fact that was rather fun. Yes. despite her lamenting that she feels she's scared to take even the tiniest little step towards her weightloss goals, that little powerhouse was bumping and grinding alongside me with the rest of the sweaty white women best of 'em. And she was a sassy, vocal little mother and I loved it because LORDY do I get bored with exercise. So, E. I call that taking a pretty big step. I mean, we had to do dancey moves and pivots and booty-wiggles-with-attitude and everything... All I can say is that while none of us will be appearing on a video with JayZ any time soon, we moved, we sweated, and we giggled. So head on over there to Elizabeth's and tell her she's a big faker, and that she can do this, and that she'd better get her ass over to class with me next Saturday so I can have more incentive to lose my built-in hula hula skirt. Because to lose weight and get healthy, it takes The Village People, people. It takes The Village People.







9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Joy, you are an absolute PEACH. Thank you, and just remember-you are the double-Grapevine MASTER.

ozma said...

HAH! It takes the Village People. That is brilliant.

gingajoy said...

i feel i should acknowledge The Village People thing to my husband. that's his. and i totally stole it.

BlogWhore said...

YOU GO GIRL.

and on your advice, i did buy one of these d-v-d thingies. it should arrive shortly.

now if you could just tell me what isle motivation is in....

Bloor West Mama said...

Sounds like soooo much fun. I always wanted to do this but I have never gotten around to looking for a place that offers it.

Best of luck with the dancing. I hope to get of my sorry ass and sign up for something this year because everyone knows how boring the treadmill is.

Mimi said...

"lordy" is my new favorite word.

i'm trying to rein in my 'phantom six-month pregnancy' belly pooch with a very boring dvd of 20 minutes worth of ab-crunching. it makes me cry. let's hope it works.

i wish i could do hiphop fun. pynchon would love for me to be jay-z video worthy. show'em whatchoo got, little baby, show'em watchoo got, now short-ayyyyy.

Dysd. Housewife said...

Alas, I too sport the dreaded Mom-front hula skirt. Dangit.

mamatulip said...

I wanted to comment on your last post but Blogger wouldn't let me, stupid stupid Blogger.

Anyway. Yes, it takes the Village People. I hope you wear chaps when you work out.

neva said...

The Village People *and* the Y.M.C.A. (just saying -- some songs are better for bumping and/or grinding and/or sweating to than others, my friend!) xox