1.28.2007

If You're Fickle Like Me...

A couple of years ago you touted Ricky Gervais as Comedy Genius Bar None. Then, after snottily avoiding the U.S. version of The Office as obviously-inferior-already, you may have just caught an episode one night and gone on to declare Steve Carell as that Comedy Genius (only to be compounded by 40 year Old Virgin--another piece of entertainment you disdained until you caught it on HBO one night and was won over by the "Ho. Fo Sho" scene. And then the pathos of Little Miss Sunshine.... My God, The Pathos!)

Anyway. After watching a sum total of 3 episodes from the new season of Extras, I realize that it is Stephen Merchant who is, in fact, Comedy Genius Bar None. And he now has his own radio show on BBC6. It's a Sunday Afternoon Show, with a Sunday afternoon vibe. A non-octogenarian's Prairie Home Companion, if you will. You got your Tribal Quest, your Smiths, your Stone Roses, and other stuff I have never heard of, but I am liking. I intend to listen as I peel some spuds for dinner and make futile attempts to "get things organized for the week..."

7 comments:

ozma said...

You aren't fickle I don't think. Maybe just a bit trampy in your comedy tastes.

The world needs as many comic geniuses as it can find. Now to see if I can get that show on BBC6.

Mocha said...

*Takes pen to paper.

Ginga. Genius Bar None.

Done.

Mom101 said...

Ooooohhhh...you have sold me!

BlogWhore said...

yes, yes, yes!

Sexy Simone said...

You've been reviewed!

lildb said...

I heart Extras.

Also, I concur with Mocha. You belong next to all the others up there on that comedic pedestal.

Kelly said...

I just purchased the first season of Extras on DVD. The hubs and I looooooovvved the BBC version of The Office, and even though we loved Steve Carrell from The Daily Show, we were skeptical of the American version despite Merchant and Gervais being (I think) the executive producers.

Well, we're totally sold on Carrell, but still needing a Gervais fix. So, here comes Extras! We can't wait to see it.