11.30.2006

now officially going a touch BATTY

OK, so the baby's great. I am sleep deprived, but not hideously so. I am hormonal and mood-swingy, but only start snivelling a few times a day. I am getting shitty headaches. But mainly, I am going star-frickn' stir crazy, maaaan. (and this is not helping with the mood-swingy, on precipice of PPD thing at all). A month ago I was only dreaming about sitting on my bottom and watching t.v. all day. Now if I see one more re-run of Top Chef, I am going to go postal.

Yes, yes, yes. I need to get out. But how??? Here's one of the shitty things about the C. No driving, and not lifting of heavy things. (hubs is at work all day). No taking off to the mall or Target Alternative. (yes, I am still on that band wagon, but as Christmas season approaches, I might switch to boycotting the pharamacy only). I can't even take a walk with the baby because it's cold and pissing down with rain. And I can't lift the stroller down the stairs and out of the house (I am sure I *could* but I am afraid I would pop open). Waaaaahhhh!

Oh, and once again, the wireless thing is confounding me. We've got the router installed. I;ve got the laptop. Laptop refuses to see wireless. It no likey. (appears that it's a networking thing from my workplace, so I've had my husband take laptop to my work and instructed him to stand drumming his fingers while the Sys Admin fixes it immediately!!!!). I am now so obsessed with wireless and how it will transform my world, that it's not healthy. But every time I get on this machine (in basement) Chunky decides to wake up (of course!)

I am quite convinced I can blog while nursing, if only I had wireless...

I am not used to this being at home thing. At all.

To cap it all, I stink. Personal hygiene. It's the first thing to go...

6 comments:

DD said...

At first I thought it'd been "forever" ago since you had your baby so your c-section should be all nice and red and healed...and then I checked. Yikes. It has been less then two weeks.

Email me if you want some form of contact that doesn't include someone sucking at your boob...or maybe it does... ;)

mothergoosemouse said...

Yeah. With the first C, I walked home from the hospital. With the second C, even a few weeks afterward, I was sore after walking to the park. Be nice to your incision.

Do you have a cordless phone? If you have a 2.4 GHz phone, then it will foul up the wireless signal, which is also 2.4 GHz. You can get a 5.8 GHz phone, which is what we did.

And are you using an internal wireless card or a PCMCIA card? I don't know anything about how to configure the network when using the internal wireless card. When I set up ours, I bought the external Linksys card.

Listen to my prattle; I guess I miss working with geeks.

OddMix said...

Once you get your wireless going you can blog in the tub! Think of it - entertainment, blogging, and personal hygiene all rolled into one glorious experience.

lildb said...

oh my god. wireless is a blessing and a curse. it fucks with me almost daily. I love it, I hate it, I want to run screaming just thinking about it.

Amber said...

Stairs are killer, the lack of lifting is pretty poopy, and it just plain sucks to not be able to drive... All too familiar with the crappy c-section recoveries. Hope you heal quickly!

MrsFortune said...

That evil laptop. Can you call tech support or something? Talking on the phone while nursing is something even an idiot of my magnitude can manage. :-)