7.13.2006

If you like Radiohead, you'll lurve....


Who knew? Terri Gross is all, like, "into" one of my favorite bands--Radiohead. She interviewed Thom Yorke yesterday (utters teenage sigh), and appeared to know her Radiohead shit. Mind you, she has seemed to know her Bill O'Reilly and Gene Simmons shit too, but at least she gave those two shit.

Still, hard to imagine Terri getting all contemplative on her drive home from work as she mulls the lyrics to "Subterreanean Homesick Alien." But there you go. She and Thom are both "gingas" (if not, indeed, separated at birth) and this guarantees a mutual bond and shared understanding.

As I googled a bit of Radiohead lore just a few moments ago, I found out another disquieting factoid about the band's fan-base. "OK Computer" was recorded at St Catherine's Court, the country house of Jane Seymour near Bath. Which clearly means she is a huge fan. And here's something else crazy. Hubs and I honeymooned in Bath. How crazy is that shit? I know.

Jane Seymour, Terri Gross. Who knew I had so much in common with those bitchez?

11 comments:

virtualsprite said...

How cool is that!!! I totally missed Fresh Air yesterday and now I'm sad I did.

And if you have to have something in common with bitchez, those be the bitchez you'd want.

gingajoy said...

sprite-you can listen again online: http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=13&prgDate=07-12-2006&view=storyview

enjoy!

Rock the Cradle said...

I actually used to live in Terri Gross's neighborhood. I'd see her when we went to the Saturday Farmer's Market on 2nd St. in Philly.

I always love to hear her tear into people. It's so gratifying. And rare.

Thanks for the linkage!

jon deal said...

I replay her "interview" with O'Reilly every now and then. You know, just for fun. :-]

She's a fantastic interviewer. Lots of times I feel like I'm just eavesdropping on a conversation she's having with someone.

Mom101 said...

So basically...two degrees between you and Thom Yorke? Or something like that?

Jess Riley said...

Ha! Jane Seymour and Terri Gross. Apparently two very hip bitchez.

doow said...

For a moment there, I had Jane Seymour mixed up with Jane Austen ... it was the Bath reference that threw me.

neva said...

jane seymour/thom yorke/gingajoy... hmmmm. perhaps a bit of a stretch...(not unlike that swollen belly of yours, eh?)

i love terri gross/fresh air, and listen to her as often as i can. so it figures i missed that interview. (thanks for the link!)

hey, and i'm sooooo glad you stopped over at Waking Ambrose, Joy...it's a very interesting blog, and i suspect you'd have a lot of fun flexing your intellectual(ish) muscles over there. lots of silliness, and yet a lot of it is smart silliness (or silly smartness... i get confused). xoxo

Pendullum said...

Pretty sad that I know the place in Bath...My ex brother in law recorded there with his old band...

My husband went to see Radiohead here a few weeks ago... (we drew straws)
Have not stopped hearing about it... He just went out and bought the new Thom Yorke... It is cued up on the ipod for nice romantic dining on our front porch....

sween said...

I once worked as a film extra on a TV movie Ms. Seymour was in. Did you know she's like three apples high?! Tiny!

Joel said...

Terri Gross constantly amazes and amuses...she is one unlikely hipster that one. She was amazing interviewing Springsteen...sharing her personal connections to his music.

And not that anyone will care but I was once interviewd by Terri...it was a challenge...let's leave it at that.